Over 12 million brand new tires are sold in the province of Ontario on a yearly basis. As per the Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act. 2016, it is an individual Producer’s responsibility to handle their respective tire recycling management, as of January 1st, 2019 and beyond.
eTracks will assist the tire producers, manufacturers and importers to meet their legislative obligations under the Ontario Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act (RRCEA)
According to the new individual Producer responsibility framework, Producers will be required to:
- Meet resource recovery standards for the collection and management of tires
- Provide a free and convenient tire collection network that provides a minimum number of collection sites across Ontario
- Educate consumers to increase public awareness and promote public participation in the resource recovery of tires
- Register with the Resource Productivity and Regulatory Authority (RPRA)
- Keep records, submit reports to RPRA in a timely and consistent manner to increase transparency, measure performance and ensure compliance.
- Each producer will have to either make their own arrangements to collect and manage tires to meet their mandatory targets or retain the services of one or more Producer Responsibility Organizations (PROs) like eTracks to act on their behalf.
- Failure to meet collection and resource recovery targets will result in compliance consequences
Working with eTracks
The ongoing process of collecting, storing, transporting, processing, reusing and recycling of used tires is done with the help of the tire recovery fee that are remitted by Producers. In order to develop and sustain an efficient tire recycling program, Producers need to collect and remit tire recovery fees on a monthly basis to eTracks in an accurate and consistent manner.
eTracks is the largest PRO, working on behalf of major tire manufacturers, auto-makers and tire distributors in Ontario. We can help you manage and dispose End of Life tires (ELTs) in a responsible manner, starting January 1, 2019. eTracks has been in direct contact with Haulers and Collectors to ensure a seamless transition in tire recycling after December 31, 2018. We provide fulfillment services for our customers’ end-of-life (EOL) tire recovery obligations, in compliance with the updated Ontario regulations. Our endeavour is to create a sustainable tire recycling system in the province of Ontario.